- Alex Haley & Malcolm X - The Autobiography of Malcolm X BOOK
Malcolm X was an inspirational speaker, an activist and a revolutionary. Born into poverty in 1925 in Nebraska in the US, by the time of his assassination 40 years later he had become one of the most iconic figures of…€ 17,50
- Naima Omar - The revolutionary politics of Angela Davis BOOKLET
Description: These articles were originally published in Socialist Review between October 2019 and February 2020.
Format: Half size, stapled
Year of publication: 2020
Number of pages: 40€ 4,90
- Martin Smith - John Coltrane: Jazz, Racism and Resistance BOOK
Martin Smith's biography centres around the point where John Coltrane's artistic genius is truly expressed - at the interface between his musical collaborations and the tumultuous era of civil…€ 8,90
- Antony Hamilton - A Rebel's Guide to Malcolm X BOOKLET
Malcolm X was an inspirational speaker, an activist and a revolutionary. Born into poverty in 1925 in Nebraska in the US, by the time of his assassination 40 years later he had become one of the most iconic figures of…€ 3,90
- Chris Salewicz - Bob Marley: The Untold Story BOOK
What was it about Bob Marley that made him so popular in a world dominated by rock'n'roll? How is that he has not only remained the single most successful reggae artist ever, but has also become a shining beacon of…€ 9,90
- Richie Unterberger - Bob Marley and the Wailers: The Ultimate Illustrated History BOOK
Well over three decades after Marley’s death, he and his bandmates remain the most famous reggae artists of all time. Bob Marley and the Wailers explores their legacy.
Illustrated with photos and memorabilia from…€ 15,90
BOOK + 7"Boots n Booze #2 + The Liquidators 7"
Oi! Oi! The hooligans from Santa Cruz are at it again! This is the second volume in this feverish graphic novel series, set amidst the chaos and tribulations of this gang of old friends. The first edition flew off the…€ 22,90
- Volker Schaner - Lee Scratch Perry's Vision Of Paradise DOUBLE DVD + BOOK
For the past 15 years director Volker Schaner has followed Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry on a spiritual and geographical journey taking in Jamaica, Ethiopia, Switzerland and London. This resulted in an insight into…€ 9,90
- Gilles Peterson & Stuart Baker - Cuba: Original Album Cover Art of Cuban Music BOOK
Compiled by Gilles Peterson & Stuart Baker. ‘Cuba: Music and Revolution: Original Album Cover Art of Cuban Music: Record Sleeve Designs of Revolutionary Cuba 1959-90’ is a stunning new deluxe 250-page large format…€ 39,90
- Sophie Bramly - Yo! The Early Days of Hip-Hop 1982-84 BOOK
The birth of hip hop in New York: rare images of the bands, the MCs and DJs, the artists and the fans, from Afrika Bambaataa and Run-DMC to Keith Haring and the Rock Steady Crew.
This book features more than 150…€ 39,90
- David Nowell - The Story of Northern Soul BOOK
What began as an underground 60s Mod scene in unlicensed, no-frills clubs in the North West of England became a youth craze that has long surpassed all others. The Northern Soul scene has confounded its critics by…€ 17,90
- Rick Blackman - Babylon's Burning: Music, Subcultures and Anti-Fascism in Britain 1958-2020 BOOK
Three times in the last sixty years musical movements have played a vital role in confronting the rise of fascist organisations in Britain - The Stars Campaign for Interracial Friendship in the 1950s, Rock Against…€ 12,00